School Counselor of the Year
||Nominate an outstanding school counselor for the prestigious AzSCA School Counselor of the Year Award! The nomination takes just a few minutes and is an important way that our professional organization can honor the great work of school counselors in our state.
***THE 2020 NOMINATION PERIOD HAS ENDED***
The recipient of AzSCA Counselor of the Year will receive:
- Monetary reward of $500
- All expenses paid trip to Washington D.C., provided by the American School Counselor Association
- Consideration for National Counselor of the Year
- Complimentary 2020 AzSCA Conference Registration and recognition at the Awards Luncheon
- Breakout presentation at 2020 AzSCA Conference
- Financial support to/from AzSCA advocacy events
- The applicant must be employed as a full-time, U.S.-based, practicing school counselor on Oct. 1, 2019, and have completed at least five years as a practicing school counselor. "U.S.-based" includes schools operated by the Department of Defense, Department of State and other U.S. agencies.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in guidance and counseling or equivalent and be certified as a school counselor by the state, district or U.S. territory.
- The applicant must be an AzSCA professional member as of Oct. 1, 2019.
- The applicant must also be an American School Counselor Association (ASCA) member as of October 1, 2019.
- Previous recipients of the AzSCA School Counselor of the Year award are not eligible. Semi-finalists are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- October 8, 2019 – Nominations Due
- December 2, 2019 – Completed Applications Due
- December 10, 2019-- Winner Notified
- February 3-4, 2020 – Winner Recognized at Annual Conference
Resources for Nominators and Nominees