School Counselor of the Year
||Nominate an outstanding school counselor for the prestigious AzSCA School Counselor of the Year Award! The nomination takes just a few minutes and is an important way that our professional organization can honor the great work of school counselors in our state.
The recipient of AzSCA Counselor of the Year will receive:
- Monetary reward of $500
- All expenses paid trip to Washington D.C., provided by the American School Counselor Association
- Consideration for National Counselor of the Year
- Complimentary 2020 AzSCA Conference Registration and recognition at the Awards Luncheon
- Breakout presentation at 2020 AzSCA Conference
- Financial support to/from AzSCA advocacy events
- The applicant must be employed as a full-time, U.S.-based, practicing school counselor on Oct. 1, 2019, and have completed at least five years as a practicing school counselor. "U.S.-based" includes schools operated by the Department of Defense, Department of State and other U.S. agencies.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in guidance and counseling or equivalent and be certified as a school counselor by the state, district or U.S. territory.
- The applicant must be an AzSCA professional member as of Oct. 1, 2019.
- The applicant must also be an American School Counselor Association (ASCA) member as of October 1, 2019.
- Previous recipients of the AzSCA School Counselor of the Year award are not eligible. Semi-finalists are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- October 8, 2019 – Nominations Due
- December 2, 2019 – Completed Applications Due
- December 10, 2019-- Winner Notified
- February 3-4, 2020 – Winner Recognized at Annual Conference
Resources for Nominators and Nominees