Rising Star Award
RISING STAR AWARD
This award recognizes AzSCA members who are new to the field (1-4 years) and are starting to make a difference at their school or in the profession. The applicant’s record must reflect exceptional growth, commitment, and increasing levels of responsibility or leadership. Applicants must demonstrate they are on a trajectory for making a lasting impact on their school, students, or community, or demonstrate promise for contributing to the school counseling profession.
***THE 2020 NOMINATION PERIOD HAS ENDED***
- The applicant must be employed as a full-time, U.S.-based, practicing school counselor on Oct. 1, 2019, and have completed one to four years (maximum) as a practicing school counselor.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in guidance and counseling or equivalent and be certified as a school counselor by the state of Arizona.
- The applicant must be an AzSCA professional member as of Oct. 1, 2019.
- Counselors with five or more years of experience are not eligible for the Rising Star Award and encouraged to apply for the AzSCA Counselor of the Year Award.
- October 8, 2019 – Nominations Due
- December 2, 2019 – Completed Applications Due
- December 10, 2019-- Winner Notified
- February 3-4, 2020 – Winner Recognized at Annual Conference?
Resources for Nominators and Nominees