School Counselor of the Year
|Do you know a great School Counselor? Nominate them for AzSCA School Counselor of the Year! The nomination takes just a little time and is an important way that our professional organization can honor the great work of school counselors in our state.
We are no longer accepting nominations for 2018.
- The applicant must be employed as a full-time, U.S.-based, practicing school counselor on Oct. 1, 2017, and have completed at least five years as a practicing school counselor. "U.S.-based" includes schools operated by the Department of Defense, Department of State and other U.S. agencies.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in guidance and counseling or equivalent and be certified as a school counselor by the state, district or U.S. territory.
- The applicant must be an AzSCA professional member as of Oct. 1, 2017.
- Previous recipients of the AzSCA School Counselor of the Year award are not eligible. Semi-finalists are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- October 15, 2017 – Nominations Due
- October 22, 2017-- Nominees Contacted by AzSCA Recognition Chair
- December 1, 2017 – Completed Applications Due
- January 15, 2018-- Winner Notified
- February 26-27, 2018 – Winner Recognized at Annual Conference
RewardsThe recipient of AzSCA Counselor of the Year will receive:
- Monetary reward of $500
- All expenses paid trip to Washington D.C.
- Consideration for National Counselor of the Year
- Complimentary 2018 AzSCA Conference Registration and recognition at the event
- Invitation to Present at 2019 AzSCA Conference
- Financial support to/from AzSCA advocacy events