AzSCA Research Grants
The Arizona School Counselors Association, Inc. will provide funding on an annual basis to encourage research in the area of school counseling. AzSCA, Inc. will award an annual maximum of 1,000 dollars to one or more proposals. Priority will be given to collaborations between practicing Arizona school counselors and Arizona college educators. Those submitting applications must be AzSCA, Inc. members. Recipients are required to participate in one of the following options: submit their findings to the School Counseling Research and Practice Journal, to publish their work in another journal, to present at the AzSCA, Inc. Conference or to submit a report on findings to the AzSCA, Inc. Research Committee.
Proposals will be reviewed by the AzSCA, Inc. Research Committee. Priority will be given to proposals focusing on one or more of the topics listed below. Applications should not exceed 3 pages (double-spaced, 12 pt. font) and must include:
- The name(s) of the Investigator(s)
- A brief statement summarizing the current literature that supports the need for the study
- A clearly outlined method section
- A clearly specified budget and timeline for proposed activities
- A statement of other financial support received for the project
- A copy of the official letter from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) giving approval for the project
- Please send the application electronically, when ready, Judy Bowers or Cynthia Ruich
- Outcome studies focused on demonstrating the effectiveness of school counseling
- Studies relevant to student/counselor ratios
- Studies focused on assumptions within the ASCA National Model
- Studies focused on improving School Counselor/Administrator relationships
- Studies focused on closing the achievement gap
- Innovations in the field
- Current topics/issues in the field
- Collaborative studies i.e. universities and school districts
- Cost-effective studies
- Research that encourages new researchers. i.e. graduate students, new school counselors, seasoned counselors who have not done research etc.
- Studies that are readily generalized to a variety of populations
- School Counselor Leadership
- School counselors cross walking ASCA Student Standards with the College and Career readiness standards.