The Arizona School Counselors Association, Inc. is a non-profit organization representing Arizona school counselors. We are comprised of an elected board, several appointed positions, and a handful of community liaisons. We support school counselors through professional development, resources, and advocacy at the state and national level. We empower school counselors to lead systemic change by delivering to all students an ASCA National Model Program, aligned with state standards for academic, personal/social, and career development.
1. Sharing One Vision, One Voice with ASCA. AzSCA will advocate, educate and train the ASCA Model for adoption by Arizona Department of Education (ADE).
2. Professionalism. AzSCA will work collaboratively with departments at ADE to get financially supported professional school counseling development.
3. Data Driven Programs. AzSCA will provide professional development and consultation services to increase RAMP schools in the state of Arizona.
4. Collaborative Efforts. AzSCA will work to increase post secondary collaboration to include facilitated break-out sessions by University employees, increase awareness of new student successes and challenges as they enter post secondary educational programs, stay connected with the school counseling graduate admission process, advocate for University curriculum to include ASCA National Model.
5. Advocacy. AzSCA will work to have professional school counselors mandated with a defined role at the ADE level.
WORK PLAN GOALS
1. Provide opportunities for professional development and keep professional school counselors abreast of current school counseling best practices, data and research.
2. Provide relevant partnerships and strategies for school counselor advocacy that clarify and enhance the professional school counselors' role, skill level and professionalism.
3. Collaborate with state and National leaders to establish legislative policy that supports the framework for comprehensive school counseling programs and school counselors' contributing role in student advocacy and academic achievement.
4. Proliferate research in the area of school counseling by fostering partnerships with university professors, national counseling research centers and practicing school counselors to show evidence-based practices in the counseling profession.
View/Print Our Entire 2014-2019 Strategic Plan [Updated]
The Arizona School Counselor Association, Inc. supports school counselors through professional development, resources, and advocacy at the state and national level. We empower school counselors to lead systemic change by delivering to all students a comprehensive competency based program, aligned with state standards for academic, personal/social, and career development.
The mission of AzSCA Inc., is to foster professionalism by leading, advocating, and collaborating for Arizona school counselors and the students they serve.
AzSCA Policies & Procedures
Updated June 2015
Click Here To Open